Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology 1175642
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Cambridge based client is in need of an experienced Sr. Research Associate to join their team. This opportunity if for someone with immuno-oncology experience, specifically with primary immune cell culture and functional assay experience. If you are ready to advance your career with our growing biotech client, please apply!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop mechanism-based in vitro immunological assays to validate novel drug targets and move projects into drug discovery
- Flexibly utilize genetic and pharmacological perturbations to evaluate new candidate drug targets in multiple in vitro assays
- Perform in-depth analyses of immune cells in multiple biological assays
- Effectively interpret data, outline next steps, and present results at team-level and company-level science meetings
Primary Job Requirements:
- BS with minimum of 5 years or MS with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in oncology and immunology laboratory research with demonstrated abilities in assay development
- A deep knowledge of immunology methods (e.g., multicolor FACS to phenotype diverse populations, immune cell polarization protocols, PBMC isolation, and immune cell functional assays).
- Experience working with a diverse range of human and/or mouse immune primary cells
- A track record of successfully probing pathogenic immune mechanisms and using genetic techniques (e.g., CRISPR or RNAi) to interrogate signaling and pathway biology is highly desired, but not required
- Proven ability to independently identify and troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as a part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including thorough documentation in a laboratory notebook
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project priorities
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at