Sr. Research Scientist (NGS, Cancer Genomics, Vector Design, Cloning)
KEY SKILLS: DNA vector design (Gibson assembly, restriction enzyme cloning, lentivirus vector design, TALENs, homology donor experience
Hiring a highly motivated Sr. Research Associate (RA) specializing in Molecular Biology techniques to join our discovery biology team. The successful candidate will have advanced understanding of vector design and molecular cloning strategies for genome engineering applications. The RA support the needs of the early target discovery team and platform development efforts by analyzing gene expression changes utilizing routine Molecular Biology techniques and performing in silico vector design. Expertise includes: Hands-on exp. including, qPCR, Cloning, restriction enzymes, Gibson assembly, cell culture, bacterial transformation, plating, DNA purification
- Design fit-for-purpose vectors and molecular cloning strategy (restriction enzyme cloning, Gibson assembly...)
- Generation of large insert donor vectors and lentiviral vectors for expression in human Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
- Apply hands-on experience with 10x scRNAseq and NGS applications.
- Lentiviral packaging, concentration, and titer determination.
- Perform RNA extraction and perform/assist in downstream expression analyses (cDNA synthesis and qPCR)
- Support genetic engineering platform development
- Maintain organized stocks of vectors for use in cell culture experiments using routine microbiology tasks including bacterial transformation, plating, culturing, and DNA purification.
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and senior management, while providing technique-based advice on project decision-making.
- Maintain diligent and organized records.
- Viral/ Viral Vector Production:
- Maintain viral inoculum trains in cells on weekly basis for producing high titer infectious virus
- Perform virus purification by ultracentrifugation using Cesium Chloride gradient method
- Assist in developing DNase protection assay for viral genome quantification by qPCR-based assay (96/ 384 well plate)
- Manage different cell lines including mammalian and insect cells (suspension and adherent) for maintenance and cell banking
- Conduct stable and transient transfection in multiple cell lines by Electroporation, Lipofectamine, PEI and Calcium Phosphate method
- Flow cytometry and fluorescence imaging to determine the success of viral transductions
- Protein Purification:
- Expression of novel viral protein using baculovirus expression system
- Conduct recombinant baculovirus titration assays using FACS Celesta and analyzed data using FlowJo
- Achieve high levels of purity of novel Viral proteins expressed in Insect and mammalian cells by Affinity and Size Exclusion Chromatography using AKTA Pure and AKTA AVANT systems
- Molecular Biology:
- Clone plasmids using Gibson Assembly, performed validation by PCR and Sanger Sequencing
- BSc or MSc degree, or equivalent, in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Biology, or Biomedical Engineering
- Hands-on experience with 10x Genomics' single-cell RNA-seq (scRNA-seq) technology, the Chromium™ Single Cell 3' Solution and NGS applications.
- 2-7 yrs. experience including Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), Genetic Engineering, Vector Design, NGS-based RNA-Seq, RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, Gibson assembly, restriction enzyme, cloning, lentivirus, vector design and Transcription Activator-Like Effector Nucleases (Talen)
- Hands-on exp. including, qPCR, Cloning, restriction enzymes, Gibson assembly, cell culture, bacterial transformation, plating, DNA purification, relevant industry or academic research experience.
- Advanced understanding of vector design and molecular cloning strategies for genome engineering applications.
- Familiarity with Benching for record keeping and documentation.
- An interest to train in and contribute to NGS-method development and execution preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and on a team.
KEYWORDS: Vector design, Molecular Biology, qPCR, Cloning, NGS, DNA vector design (Gibson assembly, restriction enzyme, cloning, lentivirus vector design, TALENs, homology donor, cell line engineering , IPSCs NGS (next generation sequencing), PCR (polymerase chain reaction), DNA, RNA , Library prep/construction, TALENs, ZFNs, Cell line generation, Cell line engineering, electronic Lab Notebook, Laboratory Information Management Systems, LIMSW, Lenti virus, viral vector design and construction, Large gene insert donor vector design and construction, Gibson assembly, Restriction enzyme cloning.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.PandoLogic.Category: Science, Keywords: Senior Scientist