Job ID: 2116759 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC's National Security and Space Sector (NSS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
NSS has an opening for a senior-level engineer to provide SETA services to an IC customer responsible for conducting basic and applied Research and Development (R&D), maturing and transitioning promising technologies to evolve and revolutionize GEOINT, SIGINT, resiliency, and communications overhead applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide front office programmatic and technical advice and support to government director and deputy director
- Directly support government office director with managing an expansive R&D portfolio comprised of over 200 projects
- Provide programmatic and technical support and recommendations to IC customers in preparation for senior-level acquisition and engineering review boards
- Develop IC customer guidance for annual reviews focused on prior year technical performance, upcoming year projected financial execution, and FYDP budget request
- Develop briefings and other documents to communicate / advocate R&D initiatives to senior IC customers, ODNI, and Executive and Legislative Branch personnel
- Facilitate programmatic and technical collaboration across R&D offices and groups
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and 15 years of related experience
- 10 years of experience supporting the IC
- 5 years of experience with IC acquisition, budget, and contracting processes
- DoD or IC R&D project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Aptitude for on-site SETA work
- Master's degree in STEM and 20 years of related experience
- 15 years of experience supporting the IC
- 10 years of experience with IC acquisition, budget and contracting processes
- 5 years of IC R&D project management experience
- 5 years of government program management experience in the IC
- Experience and ability to coordinate with DoD and IC R&D organizations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.