NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate need for a ROKU Developer to support our Media and Entertainment client in REMOTE reporting to Atlanta, GA 30318.
ROLE SENIOR ROKU DEVELOPER
INDUSTRY Media and Entertainment
DURATION 6+ month contract (probable extension) OR contract to hire
LOCATION 100% REMOTE reporting to Atlanta, GA 30318
Our client is seeking a Senior Roku Developer to be responsible for working with team leads and developers to produce client-side SDKs in the areas of video, authentication and privacy. These SDKs will be incorporated into the end user applications from many of their brands. Your role will be responsible for designing and developing new features, collaborating with the team in design sessions and participating in agile ceremonies and Gitflow process. The ideal candidate is expected to have a good mix of technical acumen and communication.
- As more and more people watch their content on the web, on their phones, and many other devices, we have the need to provide them with the best video experience possible.
- This is an amazing opportunity for a seasoned developer, like yourself, to be a part of the design and delivery of the video player that will be the cornerstone of how our customers consume our content now and in the future. Our environment is unique.
- Our list of supported platforms continues to grow as more video-capable devices reach the marketplace. You'll be on the cutting edge of new devices and will help solve how we reach them as efficiently as possible.
- Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
- You'll sit side by side with both leadership and junior staff to iterate quickly to both launch new features and improve what we've already built.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
- You've got 4-5 years of experience as a Roku developer.
- You have extensive experience with BrightScript and SceneGraph core concepts.
- You ve built and deployed Roku apps with video.
- Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed.
- You're well-rounded with experience on web and mobile technologies.
- You know what it means to build native applications from the ground up.
- You love challenges and your analytical perspective finds the problems others may miss. Identify, analyze, and rectify is your mantra.
- Nothing is more satisfying than solving that difficult problem and you love to bring new ways to tackle an issue, even if it goes against popular opinion or the way things have been done before.
- People always request you when they want someone technical for their project.
- You're a mentor and make your teams stronger by being involved.
- You believe in Scrum, iterating quickly, and turning ideas into deployable code.
- You're always thinking about ways to improve performance, squash old bugs, and just making anything we deliver better for our customers.
- You rally team members to form a common alliance and use your great communication skills and attention to detail to ensure the delivery of exceptional products.