Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Scrum Master in Clarksburg, WV. In support of a DoJ program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work will consist of a wide range of projects to include: app/web design and development, securing devices including communications, integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities, modernization of web-based user interfaces.Primary Responsibilities
- Works day today with customer product owners to enable and motivate cross-functional software development team
- Efficiently works to remove blockers for team and follow best agile methodologies and practices
- Facilitates agile and customer meetings ( PI Planning, Retrospectives, Daily Stand-ups, Demos, etc.)
- Conducting Daily Stand-ups
- Maintaining the teams information with the customer agile backlog management tool
- Ensures day to day contractual obligations are met
- Works across a highly cross functional Agile software development team supporting CI/CD
The Candidate shall have one of the following Agile certifications:
- 8 - 12 years of Scrum Master experience.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Exhibiting Lean-Agile leadership and helping team members embrace Agile values, adopting and applying Agile Principles, and implementing Agile practices.
- Keeping the team focused on daily and iteration goals; and helps achievement with respect to quality, flow and velocity.
- Facilitating the team's retrospective, and leading the team's improvement efforts. Facilitating all team meetings, including, but not limited to, the daily stand-up, Iteration Planning, Team Demo, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Supporting the Product Owner with respect to priorities and scope.
- Actively addressing impediments such as getting support from other teams when required.
- Promoting Agile quality practices so the team can meet its goals.
- Providing communication to other Agile teams.
- Coordinating with other Agile teams, such as participation in the Scrum of Scrums meeting.
- Guiding the team in estimating the team's work.
- Leading an Agile development team that has implemented microservice architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring.
- Implementing security controls required by Federal information systems
- Leading an Agile development team that has experience with automating application deployments, scaling and management.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.SHIP IS REQUIRED.
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification from Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional from Scrum Alliance
- Agile Certified Professional from Project Management Institute
External Referral Bonus:
- AWS Cloud Experience
- Continuous Integration Continuous Development
- Kubernates and/or containerization
- Biometric Integration
- Atlassian Tools
- Linux (CentOS and RedHat)
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.