Senior SAP BASIS/HANA Specialist
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Work you'll do
The Solutions Network, SAP Sr. Application Administrator will be responsible for providing technical subject matter specialty in designing, architecting, installing and configuring SAP applications and databases supported by the Solutions Network. Position is open for all Deloitte US locations. This will also be part of the larger SNET SAP team which includes Philadelphia - PA, Hyderabad and Bengaluru, Mumbai, Gurgaon - India. This position will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring SAP product suite implementation, migration, upgrade of SAP applications and database needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will span all flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux along with SAP cloud and other cloud service provider platforms.
- Conducting assessment of current SAP system, Architecture and Design the SAP System landscape.
- SAP Applications installation, configuration and integrations
- SAP HANA DB installation, configuration and tuning
- Deployment of SAP applications on Public Cloud infrastructure and support
- Integration of SAP on-premise application with SAP Public Cloud SaaS solutions
- May lead a particular work stream, reviewing, and directing the work of more junior staff
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
In addition to hands-on technical work this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables. The team
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies - SAP, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform Cloud, PeopleSoft, Oracle, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staffs are also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte Consulting.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte Consulting offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance, and strengthen their client service and technology skills Qualifications
- At least 8+ years of experience relevant to this position implementing SAP projects or direct line management experience
- At least 1 full lifecycle implementation of S/4HANA with Fiori deployments
- Experience and exposure to S/4HANA implementations with Fiori deployments.
- Proven work experience on integration of SAP SaaS solutions with on-premise SAP deployments.
- Proven work experience leading the delivery of key aspects of projects within the area of SAP Basis and SAP HANA.
- Experience with working on SAP, S4HANA deployments on Cloud platforms AWS or Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Experience with various SAP reporting/analytical platforms like BOBJ, SAC etc.
- Professional experience with HANA migration experience using SUM DMO from Non-HANA database to HANA database.
- Professional experience in architecting and planning SAP S/4 HANA upgrade and migration projects.
- Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Consulting background in providing both technical delivery and advisory services in a senior role
- Excellent track record of delivering SAP upgrades, migrations and other Basis related projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build 'Trusted Adviser' relationships
- SAP HANA, SAP OS/DB Migration SAP Certification is a plus
- SAP S/4HANA on Cloud deployments or migrations is a plus
- Prior Big-4 consulting experience is a plus
- Experience working in a client facing environment
- Experience and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects