General Mills is seeking a Senior Project Management Lead within the Digital & Technology department to deliver key initiatives within our SAP landscape including upcoming initiatives such as move to cloud and transition to SAP S4. As a project manager in this space, you will play a critical role in helping lead the migration of our SAP environment to S/4. You will play a role in coordinating the impacts of this major program to the rest of the systems and projects occurring. This position may also support M&A activities that occur.
The Senior Project Management Lead, General Mills Digital & Technology, is responsible for leading assigned projects/product teams to deliver high impact, high value outcomes, and no unplanned business disruption while staying within identified project constraints for budget, scope, and schedule. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Successfully deliver desired outcomes of assigned project(s)/product teams.
- Manage project(s) progress, timelines, budget, and ensure highest-value deliverables are being appropriately prioritized. Facilitate agile ceremonies (daily scrum, spring planning, sprint review and retrospective) and estimations.
- Manage project or workstream, own schedules, detail cutover plans, outline key milestones, traffic deliverables, identify risks and solutions, and deliver specific project artifacts.
- Lead the identification, management, and mitigation of highest risks, especially those related to business risk or potential business disruption.
- Effectively communicate project status, risks and issues, and escalate for resolution when appropriate. Anticipate risks and build mitigation actions into project plans and actively partner to resolve realized risks
- Build and maintain trusted, collaborative working relationships with project team members (including global & remote employees), leadership, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Motivate and energize the team to deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Minimum 7-10 years work experience
- Practical knowledge of project management methodologies, processes, workflows, and terminology, including both Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Project Management experience in large cross functional Should have significant experience with all major phases of an implementation (Blueprint, Build, Test, Training, Cut-over, Go-Live, and Stabilization).
- Experience in all major phases of a large SAP implementation (Blueprint, Build, Testing, Training, Cutover, Go-live and Stabilization)
- Demonstrated drive to successfully deliver project/product outcomes within project constraints and guidelines. Proven ability and experience in successfully managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Experience with early risk identification, problem solving and mitigation planning.
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization and partners including technical teams, analysts, business users, and leadership.
- Proven ability and experience in working effectively and influencing the team
- Ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables. History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and budget management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office and Project Management tools
- Experience leading SAP upgrades and migrations. SAP S/4 experience preferred.
- Experience in consumer food industry considered a plus, especially in Supply Chain or Commercial functions
- Business and technical acumen
- Experience with project management tools and software (VSTS, Smartsheets, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams)
- PMP Certification
- Functional and/or technical knowledge in SAP and/or S/4 is a big plus (ex. FI/CO, MM , SD,LE)
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.