Title:SAP Project Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6+ Months
Covanex is one of the fastest growing IT Services Delivery firms in Upstate NY with proven track record of offering Strategy & Architecture, Application Development & Support, Quality Assurance & Testing, and Project Management services in the areas of Middleware Integration, Database Management, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, and Enterprise Applications to businesses of all sizes. With primary focus on Manufacturing, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and Retail industries, we deliver IT Service Delivery, IT Consulting, and Business Process Outsourcing services.
We are seeking multiple mid-level IT SAP Project Managers to lead multi-disciplinary teams to integrate a recently acquired lubricants company into the SAP ECC system. This Project Manager will be working with internal IT and lubricants subject matter experts as well as business partners and external vendors. The candidate will work with key stakeholders to define the project scope, timelines, objectives and track deliverables, risks/issues and project status for this multi-million integration initiative.
- Develop project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create and assist with the creation of project charters, work breakdown structures, project plans, and managing the implementation of chosen technology solutions to meet or exceed project goals.
- Responsible for overall coordination and stability of project oriented work efforts, including working with the team to help frame up requirement and design workshops, the fit/gap analysis process and through project testing and deployment
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations
- Integrate project plans and schedules to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies and major milestones
- Build project budgets and track project expenses
- Manage risks and issues logs for project
- Track project communications, meeting minutes, and major decisions
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity from beginning to end
- Works on strategic, complex projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise in sales distribution, materials management and treasury processes
- Maintain professional communication and working relationships with project stakeholders and team members (including C-level business stakeholders)
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a PMO/Project Management function within an Information Technology organization.
- 5+ years of experience in ERP/SAP project management
- 5+ years managing multiple SAP projects covering different SAP Financial Supply Chain Management modules.
- Active Project Management Professional PMP® certification, or working towards
- Experience with a formalized PMO structure and PPM tool such as Microsoft Project Online is a plus
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team across functional work streams including: Sales Distribution, Materials Management and Treasury
- Proven experience managing implementation projects with task/work responsibility shared across multiple system integrators
- Proven experience leading ERP implementation projects and/or business process re-engineering projects