Job Title - Senior SAS Administrator
End Client – Travel Industry
Start Date - April 2019
Duration - 3 months (480 Hours) to HIRE
Hours Per Week - 40 hours per week
Pay Rate - (All-Inclusive) for the contract term
Annual Salary - MUST BE WILLING TO NEGOTIATE BEING HIRED DIRECTLY BY THE CLIENT AT THE END OF CONTRACT ENGAGEMENT – the client expects you to be their full time employee after the consulting contract.
Client Location - Woodland Hills, CA
Working Location - 100% Onsite
Citizenship Requirements - Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
Client is seeking a full time SAS Senior Administrator to work with their location in Woodland Hills, CA, USA.
The client requires an experienced SAS Platform Administrator (SAS Data Management and SAS Marketing Automation) to administer a SAS 9.4 platform on a Linux OS. This position will be primary point of contact for administering client’s SAS enterprise solution. The successful candidate will need 5+ years of product administration of SAS BI, DI and Analytics. Additionally, the role will provide operational maintenance, enhancements, installation and support of a SAS 9.4 environment. Also in scope for this position is maintaining platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS upgrades, storage monitoring, virtual web and database servers). The client currently has PROD and DEV environments. Ensure security is correctly designed, implemented and integrated with corporate security processes. Create, implement and test metadata and server processes. Provide subject matter collaboration for hardware or software upgrades or hot fixes. Provide a reliable and available BI environment for all users. Given the critical nature of many of the applications in the environment, it is critical that the environment functions with optimal performance and availability. The incumbent, as an infrastructure team member, will play a critical role in ensuring that the environment functions efficiently, with minimal downtime.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience administering SAS 9.4 platform environments on Linux OS. Linux administration experience is a must have.
- Experience with administrating SAS CI product (CI Studio is a major plus).
- Skilled in the use of SAS Management Console 9.4_M4.
- Skilled in the use of SAS Information Map Studio 4.4_M4.
- Strong Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases preferred.
- Experience administrating three tier, multi-server environment.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows environments.
- Perform and schedule regular backups of the Metadata Server and physical files; Implement best practices for backup processes.
- Understanding of Agile and the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Ability to work in cross-function teams across operational disciplines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in technical infrastructure support and management, including installation of software and maintaining and enhancing a server environment for end users. • Experience with Unix and Linux concepts, including commands, scripts, permissions, and file systems
- Oversee and apply SAS maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as needed. • Monitor utilization logs to assist in performance tuning of the SAS applications and server environments.
- Insure optimal system performance by monitor overall availability and performance of SAS server environments and take corrective actions as needed.
- Maintain Information Map to reflect revisions or new development to underlying database structure.
- Manage security model of User, Groups and Roles.
- Support individual end-users within the SAS community.
- Maintain or revise existing platform security via SAS Metadata and Server.
- Serve as an internal escalation resource for platform issues.
- Setting and monitoring scheduled jobs through Schedule Manager and LSF
- Actively engage in Change Management and Version Control
- Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9.4 suite in a Linux environment performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC).
o Creating Users. Groups and Roles.
o Creating and securing folders.
o Experience Monitoring Logs from within SMC.
o Experience defining Servers and changing server definitions.
o Experience creating SAS, RDBMS libraries (MS SQL SERVER)
o Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
o Knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration and environment files.
o Starting and stopping servers.
o Backup strategies and implementation.
- Security and Authentication (related to the access of source data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/) across multiple SAS products. o SAS/Access products and configuring to connect RDBMS servers.
o SAS/CI Studio
o SAS/Data Integration Studio and SAS Data Management Studio
o SAS/Enterprise Guide.
- Working knowledge of LSF for deployment and scheduling of jobs.
- Ability to install hot fixes, service packs, upgrades as well as add-on software components.
- Understand basic Linux commands that will enable you to monitor SAS jobs, ability to move around in a Linux environment as required for basic functioning of SAS and a good understanding of how Linux and SAS are integrated.
- Thorough understanding of SAS products and how they work together in an environment.
- Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security
- Experience in troubleshooting SAS Platform and client issues to root cause
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills
- Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments.
- Administer, Maintain and tune the SAS Platform.
- Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics and performance tuning recommendations. Executes actions necessary to achieve and maintain optimum SAS platform performance, reliability and availability.
- Acts as a SAS subject matter expert and liaison to SAS users and IT.
- Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environments.
- Collaborates with storage, server, LDAP, database and other IT administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the SAS environment.
- Identifies bottlenecks in production systems and provide solutions.
- Manage metadata identities, users, groups, and roles.