Senior SDET Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of ETE (Enterprise Test Engineering) department, you will work with the Enterprise Architect and Tribe Architect to represent Test Engineering strategic direction to the squads to assure a consistent enterprise solution. You will also provide Test Engineering practice leadership to the entire squad in areas such as test-driven development, code quality, continuous integration, and automated deployment. You will also work in a Tribe aligned CoE that sits outside the tribe and is called upon by the tribe when needed. The Test Architect will partner closely with the Tribe Architect on a sprint-by-sprint basis. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Contributes to overall automation framework design and improvement by implementing Java-based solutions.
- Designs test automation architecture for applications that cross multiple platforms and technologies such as UI, Micro Services (REST API's), AWS Web Services, Databases, File Handling, Remote host interaction.
- Recommends tools and frameworks to enable the automation strategy. Provides automated testing expertise to project team, seek automation issues and mentor junior resources on automation.
- Provides mentorship on Java coding standards and best practices for Test Automation Engineers.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends in automated testing and advises functional automation teams. Understands the different environments used for testing to ensure testing strategies are aligned with use of these environments.
- Fosters a cross-organization automation community conducive to knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Uses defined methods to demonstrate return on investment. Provides comprehensive, periodic reporting to ETE Leadership and provides inputs to the Management on governance reports and relevant test automation metrics
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and supervising controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge or experience in open source tools such as Selenium, TestNG, JUnit and other continuous delivery tools.
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, Backend etc.) and CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Maven etc.).
- Ability to conduct proof of concept evaluation efforts and identify and build plans for automation for eligible work streams.
- Experienced level understanding of the role of automation in various SDLCs (e.g. agile, scrum, waterfall) and mentoring, training and coaching resources.
- Has a growth demeanor, including thinking creatively and come up with creative solutions when tools don't work, partnering and working hands-on to provide solutions and optimally working on multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment.
- Influences and supports the culture, values, and standards of the group. Communicates key messages effectively and persuasively.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The IT Governance and Assurance Department focus on advancing organizational goals through the effective and efficient use of IT, by ensuring IT has the necessary capabilities and controls to enhance the stability of DTCC products. The department will also be responsible for maturing core IT business management and governance capabilities.