Our direct client currently has an opening for a Senior SELinux Security Engineer to support their client onsite at their Herndon, VA location. This is a full-time, Software Engineering role supporting their Professional Services division.
Lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great! Their team is full of technology leaders who take a creative approach and are excited about making a difference!
You should be interested in developing security solutions using Linux and Android. You will apply analysis, design, and implementation skills to develop, configure, and analyze Linux systems.
Who you are:
- You describe yourself as curious and persistent, love solving difficult technical problems, work best in a team environment, and like working on multiple projects at a time.
- You are currently the lead Linux person at your environment or would like to be.
- You enjoy understanding Linux OS security topics including: access control, least privilege, separation of duties, security goals, and defense in depth.
- You have experience doing some software development in C, Java and Scripting languages like Python.
- Experience in Go, Rust and Lua translates very well too.
- You are familiar with developing embedded software in a Linux environment including writing Linux drivers.
- You have a solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- You have the capability to use Wireshark and analyze PDU’s.
- If you have experience writing SELinux policy, that is a huge plus!
- You should have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Complex software development is a team exercise and we need people that can find the answers and then help others understand.
- You have familiarity with Linux administration, common services and command line usage.
In this role your responsilbilities will include:
- Using your creativity and a proven track record to find and implement solutions to real security problems. You will be asked to make contributions to architecture, design, test and implementation.
- Identifing security vulnerabilities in the system components or network devices and provide innovative solutions.
- Providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Securing Linux based servers, troubleshooting Linux boot issues and providing fixes.
- Identifying relevant CVEs on their products and customer systems and close them out.
- Using collaborative software development tools and workflows, including version control. We typically use Git.
- Writing reports and documents for certifications.
- Gaining deep knowledge of Linux OS security processes, issues, and challenges.
- Working with a world class team of focused engineers.
- Leading junior engineers, mentoring team members, working with sales and marketing, writing white papers, and participating in outside conferences.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- SELinux Policy development (Preferred)
- Experience coding in C, Java and Scripting languages like Python provide opportunity to learn SELinux Policy development
- Experience in Go, Rust and Lua translates very well too
- Understanding Linux OS security topics, including: access control, least privilege, separation of duties, security goals, and defense in depth
- Familiar with developing embedded software in a Linux environment including writing Linux drivers
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Experience with Wireshark and analyzing PDU’s
- Familiarity with Linux administration, common services and command line usage –
Only Naturalized or ===='s are eligible to apply. Please no C2C.
For immediate consideration, please reply with your updated resume today!