In this high-visibility position, you will develop and implement short and long term strategies to increase qualified organic traffic and drive sales on our company website. Reporting to the e-Business Manager, you will lead a major effort to implement new capabilities and business tools for our online search engine.
You will manage both onsite and offsite search optimization projects and regularly report on results to Senior Management. Working closely with our User Experience Team and our online advertising/Search Engine Marketing (SEM) vendor, you will also ensure that web site content, design, social media, and pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is in-line with the strategies you develop. You will develop, own, and enforce the online content strategy and its subdomains. Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute successful SEO and onsite search strategies.
- Review technical issues with Global IT and recommend fixes.
- Validate technical changes through rigorous User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Work with the Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics Marketing teams on keyword research to inform the User Experience and MarCom teams.
- Work with the User Experience and MarCom teams to optimize website content for both SEO and onsite search.
- Coordinate with our Social Media lead and our Advertising vendor to optimize web campaigns.
- Direct optimization projects such as link building and 404 error resolution.
- Review data from WebTrends, ForeSee, Brightedge, and other sources to report on traffic, Google rankings, and success of SEO strategies.
- Compile analytics research and develop SEO recommendations based on them and current best practices; present results to senior management.
- Drive projects through matrixed organizations to successful completion.
- Stay on top of evolving trends in SEO and onsite search strategies and technical development.
- Serve as business owner of the onsite search engine, working with the UX team and division marketing on strategies and enhancements to improve online search results.
- Expertise in advanced SEO trends like schema markup, canonical URLs, and mobile SEO.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is helpful. Expertise with the latest SEO/onsite search tools, including analytics tools.
- Extensive use of SEO tools like SERPs and Moz Pro.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communications skills.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience as an SEO strategist, manager, SEM manager, or similar role with an international, enterprise-level website.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with presenting your topline recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SEO and onsite search reporting.