Can work out of NYC or Norwalk, CT LOCAL ONLY
3 - 6 months plus. Opportunity to be there a long time.
Senior Data Warehouse Architect
Department: CIA - Data Technology
The Corporate Insights & Analysis team is composed of highly talented and motivated individuals who empower the workforce to make informed decisions that drive value, growth, and efficiency throughout the enterprise. We provide actionable insights based on consistent, trusted data through a robust framework of analytics, infrastructure, and visualizations. Our Data Technology Specialists believe that the key to our Client's success, is creating a team environment in which everyone can contribute and cultivate a community where Engineers and others can depend on each other for help, learning and development.
Our Client is currently looking for a full time Senior Data Warehouse Architect who will be able to understand and analyze business requirements, as well as design, develop and maintain data warehouse systems, solutions and processes used for storing current and historical data to be used for reporting and data analytics within our Client's enterprise environment. A successful architect would be required to ensure the highest quality solutions are delivered to our workforce.
- Work with business analysts, to understand business requirements
- Design and implement dimensional modeling using Ralph Kimball Methodologies
- Write efficient code in Microsoft T-SQL and MDX languages
- Design and develop high quality ETL solution using SSIS
- Develop SSAS cubes to provide enhanced analytics and reporting solutions
- Understand and adapt to new technologies, tools, methods and processes from industry
- Influence the team for right design and technology implementation and provide future architectural direction
- Follow modern engineering development practices and workflows such as Agile, Lean etc.
- Perform design and code reviews to provide constructive feedback for improving overall quality
- Provide production support with occasional after-hours availability
- Create, maintain and support scheduled jobs.
- Participate in Database and Server migration projects.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise data warehouse design and development
- 8+ years of experience in Advanced SQL programming working with large data sets
- Strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc.
- Proficient in designing and operating OLAP databases (Multidimension/Tabular)
- Hands on development experience in building ETLs
- Experience in creating and maintaining Clustered Columnstore tables in SQL Server 2016
- Good to have experience in MPP architecture (Azure SQL DW, Redshift, SQL Server PDW, Greenplum, Netezza, Teradata)
- Good to have experience in NoSQL or non-relational, distributed columnstore database technologies (Apache Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Kafka, Amazon DynamoDB)
- Good to have experience as a DBA or Server Administrator
- Good to have experience with cloud technologies like AWS and Azure.
- Certifications in domain-specific technologies
You are encouraged to submit your resume in the strictest confidence - we do NOT submit resumes to clients without your express permission. Thanks, and we look forward to working with you!