Lead SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
CoStar Group serves up over 600 terabytes of data from more than 680 SQL Servers that span four data centers, two continents and six time zones. Our highly motivated, extremely talented DBA group is looking for an exceptionally bright Senior SQL DBA that will help the company continue to grow. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for our customers by continued development, refinement and improvement of our industry leading applications.
We are a data-centric; Microsoft focused shop that uses the latest SQL Server and .NET technologies. As a member of the team you will be relied on for your problem solving, communication, collaboration, project management, process adherence, and financial analysis skills.
CoStar Group is the leading data provider of Apartments and Commercial Real Estate Data in an industry valued at over 13 trillion dollars. If you are seeking a challenge that pushes your limits, have a strong desire to delight your customers, want to work with the latest technologies and are looking for responsibility beyond that of a typical DBA, come to work for us today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all aspects Microsoft SQL Server including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
* Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, and quality assurance environments.
* Recommend and implement solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
* Assist with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance.
* Understand SAN based storage and related technologies, specifically as applicable and useful to MS SQL Server installations.
* Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies.
* Analyze problems, anticipate future problem areas and implement solutions.
* Work outside of normal business hours as required for completing projects, working on deployments and resolving system outages.
* 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014/2016 supporting high traffic websites.
* Experience with the implementation and support of database replication.
* Experience working with very large databases.
* Understanding of Windows Server (2012 R2/2016) configuration and management, specifically as it relates to MS SQL Server installations and mission critical systems.
* Excellent understanding of coding with Microsoft T-SQL and stored procedures.
* Experience with SANs (3PAR/EMC), specifically with aspects related to MS SQL Server.
* Understands and is able to properly implement backup and disaster recovery procedures.
* Excellent work ethic and willingness to put in significant extra time as needed.
* Experience with PowerShell scripting, TFS/Visual Studio Database Projects and SSDT is a plus.
Bachelor's degree required. Relevant equal work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing