CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SERVICES
Company Job Title:
Senior SQL Developer-CPTS-DEA
Chenega Job Title:
Systems Architect IV
Exempt, Full Time, Regular, Salary
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking a Senior SQL Developer to provide Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) support to the Office of Information Systems (SI) within the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). The DEAâ€™s SQL Server-based EDW is used by a majority of Software Operations (SIS) applications and is a critical component of statistical reporting. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Dimensional Analysis in a Kimball Style Enterprise Data Warehouse of not less than 500 total tables and 100 million rows of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Responsible for SQL Script development and creation of SSIS packages for ETL work.
- May write SSRS reports or facilitate data access by other means as needed.
- Conducts performance tuning and database design, dimensional analysis, and modeling.
- Maintains and adds to an extensive set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation.
- Maintain, enhance, and create enterprise and application level reports using SQL Server Report Service (SSRS) and other Business Intelligence (BI) tools. If requested, the EDW team will leverage SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for performance purposes.
- Supports the review of database systems from non-Concorde applications in other DEA offices.
- Participates in daily Agile stand-up meetings and monthly planning sessions, sprint reviews, and retrospective sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of SQL Server databases creating and maintaining T-SQL Procedures, functions, packages, and triggers.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SSIS packages for data manipulation and loading.
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence, Kimball Modeling and/or elastic search is desired.
- Must have experience with the SQL Server 2012 environment.
- Active Secret Clearance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Dimensional Analysis in a Kimball Style Enterprise Data Warehouse of not less than 500 total tables and 100 million rows of data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of, and experience within, an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Team Foundation Server.
- Highly skilled at SQL Script development.
- Ability to create reports via SSRS; solid understanding of a variety of BI tools.
- Knowledge of, and prior experience with SSIS.
- Knowledge of Kimball methodology highly desired.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.