Senior SQL Developer
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions. We are growing rapidly and searching for a Senior Software Developer who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Senior Database Developer is responsible for database design in both transactional and decision support environments, as well as development of stored procedures, DTS/SSIS packages, jobs, and database scripts in support of software development projects to achieve the company-s strategic objectives. He/she is also responsible for troubleshooting performance issues on existing code, and conducting performance analysis on new code
* Analyze technical requirements and design new data models or update existing data models using ER Studio and Visual Studio Database Edition.
* Analyze technical requirements and recommend ETL strategies and provide visual representation of design using Visio
* Code stored procedures of high complexity to meet product requirements
* Conduct Index and Performance Analysis to ensure products provide optimal performance
* Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
* Maintain Costar Database Designs and Models
* Define and keep up to date Database Architecture and Development best practices
* Build design consensus among different teams working on software development projects
* Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
* Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices.
Competencies, Knowledge & Skills
* Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs on performance, scalability and maintainability.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of database design
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of T-SQL programming
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of performance tuning
* Works effectively with Internal & External Clients
* Requirements Analysis & Management
* Working with other senior database developers & management
* Mentoring other developers
* Ability to effectively communicate requirements & design specifications within & across teams
* Adaptability/Stress Tolerance
* Strong Knowledge of SDLC
* Enterprise development experience
* Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
* Juggling multiple priorities
* Problem solving
* Planning and Organization
* Requires no direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
* Continuous refactoring of database design and/or code to accommodate changing requirements
* Participate in recruiting process to hire -A- players.
* Awareness Of Emerging Technologies
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing