Since 2006, our company's people, process and technology solutions have played a critical role in transforming business and consumer credit, enabling more affordable and pervasive access to financing. We have built relationships with dealers, retailers and merchants in all 50 states by providing their customers loans through our bank partnerships. We are one of the fastest growing fin-tech startups in North America with a 400% growth in originations last year. Since inception we have facilitated more than $2 Billion in funded loans and have enabled the dreams of 200,000+ customers.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia with a second operational facility in Covington, Kentucky.
The SQL Developer is responsible for developing database applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GreenSky's software development project methodology.
Development activities will include updating/maintenance of existing T-SQL code and/or developing new T-SQL objects (Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers etc.) to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will also work closely with software engineers and architects to ensure code is in alignment with documented T-SQL development standards or industry best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create/implement Transact SQL (t-SQL) for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
* Experience with production support and troubleshooting issues based on support tickets
* Review queries created by other developers for adherence to standards and performance issues
* Interact with GreenSky DBAs and SQL experts on issues and identify and validate approaches for remediation of these issues
* Interact with Database, Applications analysts and Business users for requirements gathering.
* Do impact analysis of existing applications and suggest best ways of incorporating new requirements
* Work with the quality assurance team to build test plans to validate that T-SQL modifications/new code meet the business requirements
* Create documentation when required for changes
* Maintain standards compliance
* Collaborates with key stakeholders including architects, software engineering, and project managers to report out development progress and escalates issues requiring attention.
Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
* At least 10+ years of SQL development experience in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012 with a heavy emphasis on stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers
* Experience with writing very complex SQL queries, pulling, moving and aggregating data.
* 7+ years of Experience in SSIS Package Maintenance and Development.
* Experience with performance enhancement/tuning for T-SQL Code as well as database objects (Tables, Views etc.)
* Exoerience with C#, Fraud or Data Science a plus
We strongly encourage Armed Forces Veterans to apply
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: BA/BS
Date Updated: November 19, 2018
Years of Experience: 7 - 10 Years
Starting Date: ASAP