Competencies, Knowledge & Skills:
- MUST HAVE strong transactional Database experience. NOT looking for Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence.
- MUST have expert knowledge of locking/deadlock issues and resolution.
- Requires no direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs on performance, scalability and maintainability.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of database design
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of T-SQL programming
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of performance tuning
- Works effectively with Internal & External Clients
- Requirements Analysis & Management
- Working with other senior database developers & management
- Mentoring other developers
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements & design specifications within & across teams
- Adaptability/Stress Tolerance
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC
- Enterprise development experience
- Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
- Juggling multiple priorities
- Problem solving
- Planning and Organization
- Continuous refactoring of database design and/or code to accommodate changing requirements
- Participate in recruiting process to hire ‘A’ players.
- Awareness Of Emerging Technologies
The Senior SQL Developer is responsible for database design in transactional environments as well as expert level T-SQL Programming in support of software development projects to achieve the company’s strategic objectives. He/she is also responsible for troubleshooting performance issues on existing code, and conducting performance analysis on new code. Responsibilities:
- Code stored procedures of high complexity to meet product requirements
- Conduct Index and Performance Analysis to ensure products provide optimal performance
- Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
- Maintain Database Designs and Models
- Define and keep up to date Database Architecture and Development best practices
- Build design consensus among different teams working on software development projects
- Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen company’s technology platform and development practices.
No matter where you are in your job search, Starpoint can help. Starpoint Solutions is a nationally recognized staffing firm with consulting and permanent openings from the best-known companies. We've been recruiting and placing professionals like you for nearly 30 years. Often, we find opportunities that you may miss in your own job search.
Submit your resume for this position and let Starpoint help you find your next job now.
Are you a recruiter? Click here
Starpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.