CLIENT WILL NOT SPONSOR VISA. FOR THIS POSITION.
Database Management Support:
- Administering all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server including Replication, Backup/Restore procedures, Capacity Planning and related components, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
- Recommending/implementing solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
- Assisting with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance to maintain license compliance.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Migrating the Databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016.
- Providing support for maintenance plans (including DBCC), backup, recovery, and highly availability SQL Server solutions, including Replication Models (Snapshot/Transactional)
- Disaster Recovery planning, execution and testing.
- Performing database activities, such as monitoring, space management, and support, as well as extended hours of support for database systems when required.
- Maintaining documentation of data standards, procedures and definitions for data dictionary.
- Providing all aspects of basic systems administration support, such as installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Supporting virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, creating and configuring virtual machines.
- Conducting constant performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required. m. Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required in both Physical and Virtual servers.
- Providing Network Administration support with knowledge in network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP) and network devices (Routers, Switches, Fibers).
- Supporting and administering applications such as Maximo, Access Control and Kleinport etc. p. Implement/deploying Microsoft Technologies, such as Visual Studio Framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET and Web Services.
- Performing backups of the web, application, and database servers according to MPA policies and procedures. This shall include daily incremental backups and full weekly backups of all volumes of servers.
Individuals proposed for Database Support must possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related filed.
• Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience as a database management resource
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration.
• Minimum of two (2) years of basic system and Network infrastructure administration.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in various Virtualization tools VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V.