*** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. ***
Job Title: Automation Tester
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6+ months
In-person interview is required!!!
Responsible for supporting testing activities for multiple complex IT projects by working closely with project team members and contribute to the evolution of the systems testing methodology/discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Need a candidate that can write test scripts preferably using Selenium. They also need to have some backend testing experience writing SQL queries (table joins) nothing too complex.
- Supports the evolution of the systems testing practice to provide consistency in delivering quality systems for all CLIENT system implementations
- Collaborates with the project team members to create and execute systems integration test cases and document results
- Participates in release planning and asks questions to contribute to the planning and level of effort for testing for all projects and releases, consulting with Senior Testers as needed.
- Supports user acceptance testers in developing UAT test cases/scripts to maximize efficiencies in executing tests
- Manages all cycles of testing through to completion to enable readiness decisions for production delivery
- Leverages automated testing tools to construct effective functional, performance, and regression test suites
- Translates trends and industry best practices into actionable practices and policies.
- 70% manual 30% automation, Regression testing, web services, writing automation scripts (.net or java)
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of five years of experience in all phases of systems and application development, with a concentration in systems testing.
- Three to five years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining automated test scripts and suites and working with relational databases.
- A working knowledge of SQL programming language and proficiency with Jmeter testing tools is preferred.
- Experience with complex system releases using Agile and Waterfall methodologies is required.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of IT best practices, with expertise in testing methods: automation, performance and stress test execution.
- Must exhibit a strong understanding of application and data architectures, design and implementation methods.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and municipal securities market is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing Attention to detail and follow-up is essential.
- Ability to be flexible and handle stressful situations is essential.
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision.