Direct HireContract Length:
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare. CereCore
is seeking a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
to join our team in Nashville, TN
. This individual will work on-site at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
- Database design, construction, & implementation of MS SQL Server environment (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016).
- Collaborative design & development with programmers and business analysts.
- Capacity planning, monitoring, and upgrade implementation.
- Performance monitoring & tuning.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in new database related systems and technologies (e.g. Azure, SQL on Linux, NoSQL and PowerShell).
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time, cost and infrastructure required to successfully deliver the database requests.
- Research, architect and implement database technologies designs using industry and enterprise best practices.
- Optimize database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Server design options and ensure that best practices are followed.
- Problem analysis, diagnosis, and implementation of resolutions.
- Provide 24x7 system database administration support.
- 5+ years of experience as SQL Server Database Administrator.
- Experienced establishing and maintaining backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Experienced demonstrating performance monitoring and tuning ability, including an aptitude to lead the diagnosis and resolution of performance problems within a large-scale, complex infrastructure.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: database partitioning, database compression, data encryption, replication, disaster recovery, and database security.
- Knowledge of all facets of database administration through the complete application development project life cycle (requirements definition, design, implementation, and operational support).
- Solid interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
, and Facebook