Kforce has a client that is seeking an intellectually curious, collaborative, enthusiastic, and flexible engineer to join our team as a Senior SRE (Kubernetes -Python -GoLang experience) in Boston, MA.
Summary of the Site Reliability Engineer Role:
As an SRE you'll work directly with clients to ensure their goals are met through automation, analysis, and infrastructure configuration. Working collaboratively with the other SRE your expertise will help our clients succeed with Kubernetes through building robust infrastructure, solving complex problems, maintaining reliable, secure environments, and standing behind our work as a part of our on-call rotation.
We work with a diverse set of technologies in and around Kubernetes depending on what our clients need.
Commonly this includes technologies like:
* AWS/GCP/Azure (e.g. Instances, DNS, IAM, cloud networking)
* Kubernetes Ingress/CNI/Service Meshes/Network Policy
* Helm, Terraform, Docker
* Datadog, OpenMetrics, and statsd
* Fairwinds Insights, rbac-manager, and Falco
* CircleCI, Jenkins, and Gitlab for CI/CD
* Go, Python, and bash
Responsibilities of the Site Reliability Engineer:
* The SRE will be working with Kubernetes in a production environment - deploying with helm, debugging tough networking problems, optimizing for scale, updating and upgrading to match best practices for security and efficiency
* You will be working in one or more of the major cloud providers: AWS, GCP, Azure
* Site Reliability Engineer will be self-motivated and directed individual contributor who is excited about being part of a growing startup
* Kubernetes and cloud-native technology
* The SRE will learn and share your knowledge with others
* The only thing that is a must have used/managed kubernetes in production at work for a year min (ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience)
* Deep understanding of Kubernetes -know the components
* Linux knowledge -execute on system level
* Ansible Terraform Puppet
* You know your stuff and are a creative problem solver
* Python -prefer some experience -some coding experience is important but if they are super strong in the areas above they could lack a little here
* Some experience is nice because they are using python and golang for their tooling
* You can think your way through complex issues, have a keen eye for details, and possess strong analytical and research skills - you know how to find answers, and you know when to ask for help
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.