Founded in 2003 in Wilton, Connecticut, Blue Buffalo is the leader in premium quality, all-natural pet nutrition. Our brand has experienced double and triple-digit annual growth over the past several years through strong ads, strategic marketing programs, and innovative product releases."Love Them Like Family, Feed them Like Family".
This is an exciting time to be part of the Blue Buffalo family, as the company is on a journey to revolutionize relationships with consumers (Pet Parents). This role is key to Blue Buffalo's growth strategy: cultivating deeper, more meaningful relationships with consumers (Pet Parents) that will drive incremental value and loyalty to Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo wants to be there to support consumers (Pet Parents) during all the moments that matter in their lives, so more consumers (Pet Parents) who love them like family can feed them like family.
We a re seeking a SaaS Engineer to join our Blue Buffalo MarTech Team and report to the MarTech leader. In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise and passion for establishing leading SaaS solutions to identify, implement, and advance data capture & management solutions across mobile and web. You'll work closely with Marketing and Digital Product teams and MarTech peers to understand business objectives and requirements to ensure rigorous, value-based metric capture across the technical ecosystem, focusing first on Salesforce, helping to power innovative experiences that meet consumer (Pet Parent) needs and deepen engagement and Loyalty to Blue Buffalo. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support in the development of SaaS solutions and integrations to support MarTech roadmap and cross-functional team objectives in service of consumer (Pet Parent) experiences.
- Work with MarTech peers to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions to support mobile/web solutions, based on digital product roadmap and consumer (Pet Parent) experience objectives.
- Provide strategic thinking around data acquisition & dataset creation as it relates to SaaS solutions working with IT/Tech teams to identify and define new requirements, as needed.
- Define data connectors for data ingestion into CDP across the technical ecosystem, partnering with CRM and Performance & Optimization teams, as needed.
- Define data validation, cleansing and deduplication rules and processes.
- Maintain high quality solutions with unit and integration tests.
- Identify and help troubleshoot issues and assist in planning for new features in partnership with MarTech/IT peers and Digital Product Managers.
- Recommend enhancements to data to support and optimize SaaS solutions (EX: Salesforce) collaborating with CRM, Performance & Optimization, and Insights teams, as needed.
- Enable Salesforce marketers, support teams, and operational teams by supporting in team onboarding and training activities working with MarTech peers, platform owners and partners.
- Create and help maintain shared technical documentation.
- Develop and maintain documentation that supports enabling teams and testing cycles (EX: Training, UAT).
- Identify and build integrations with external technology partners/vendors to deliver on experience objectives and evolving consumer (Pet Parent) needs
- Stay up to date on cloud solutions and Salesforce product roadmap to inform Blue Buffalo MarTech roadmap
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent education/experience
Salesforce product knowledge and at least 1 year of Salesforce development experience
- Salesforce development certifications are a plus
- Hands-on experience in Consumer 360 / CDP and Marketing Cloud including Interaction Studio
- Experience with consuming and interacting with RESTful web services
- Strong understanding of OOP design principles
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and solutions
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Adept at working with cross-functional teams (i.e., Brand, Marketing, Customer Service and Finance) and managing dependencies tied to technical product roadmaps
- Experience in gathering requirements, user stories and ticketing in workflow management tools (i.e., JIRA)
- Experience working in agile rhythms
- Must be able to work in an environment with free-roaming companion pets
Google Cloud Platform certification is a plus
- The preferred location for this role is Wilton, CT or Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.