At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. We’re seeking a highly-qualified Senior Salesforce Administrator with experience supporting fast paced business organizations. This position will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, and supporting new and existing Salesforce solutions.
Why join this team:
Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our rapid growth. This role is perfect for a highly-motivated self-starter who likes staying current with the latest technologies.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll provide your functional and technical Salesforce expertise to apply best practices and leverage Salesforce’s core capabilities.
- You’ll translate business requirements into functional solutions and will be responsible for the full application architecture process.
- Working closely with business and IT leaders, you’ll provide technical solutions (including “out of box” solutions) to complex business needs.
- You’ll use your expertise to collaborate on project governance and best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle (design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support).
- You’ll research, recommend, and implement AppExchange applications and Salesforce upgrades to help meet business needs.
- You’ll lend hands-on assistance to our team of developers, admins, and analysts to maintain Salesforce configuration, apex classes, admin tasks, queries, and reports as needed.
- You’ll document current and future state processes and develop functional and technical specifications for projects and enhancements.
- You’ll collaborate with project managers to identify project milestones, tasks, and required resources to develop a detailed project plan.
- You’ll assist with end-user application support (troubleshooting errors, managing support tickets, and testing solutions) and release management (migration, refreshes, version control and deployment) as needed. You’ll serve as an escalation point for support issues.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5 to 8 years of Salesforce technical experience.
- com certifications strongly desired: ADM 201 or above.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, Apex coding, batch processes, database design, architecture, and governor limits.
- Advanced knowledge of the Salesforce data model, custom objects, visual force pages, workflows, and configuration.
- Hands-on experience with CRM application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools.
- Strong understanding of relational databases (SQL Server) is required.
- Good understanding of Query based languages, SOQL, Apex classes and triggers, APIs and experience developing queries and reports.
- Experience supporting complex, highly integrated systems environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitating skills.
- Good understanding of SDLC, DevOps and Business Applications governance.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with Github,
- Experience with other enterprise level systems (CRM, ERP or HCM).
- Rootstock ERP application
- Field Service Lightning
More about this role:
Location: Once it is say to return to the office, this role will be located at our Concord Road, Billerica office. The option for Remote is feasible for the right candidate who is operating on East Coast hours.
Starting date: ASAP
Perks: While this position is primarily conducted on-site, working from home is an option.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.