Senior Salesforce Developer
CoStar Group is the world's leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune's fastest growing companies (2018).
Ten-X is the leading end-to-end transaction platform for commercial real estate, powering more than 90% of online CRE sales. Our platform empowers brokers, sellers and buyers with data-driven technology and comprehensive marketing tools to expand market visibility and decrease time to close.
The Salesforce Developer is responsible for the overall development and configuration of the Salesforce solution for the company. They will work with implementation partners for its configuration, and oversee development and coding of custom apps, objects, and fields. This position will be responsible for all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code. They will enable continuous improvements of the Salesforce tool, identify new functionality and drive automation to increase efficiency in business processes. We are searching for an experienced Senior Salesforce Developer to join our Irvine team and drive the full-lifecycle development of this critical product. Responsibilities:
- Define application data model and automate business processes through use of customized solutions in the form of custom apps, 3rd party apps, system triggers, workflow, etc.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, JSON, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/code
- Work closely with administrator, internal teams, external implementation partners and vendors to create unique business solutions leveraging the full power of Force.com and the Salesforce platform
- Increase efficiencies through effective management of Salesforce capabilities, capacity and storage
- Maintain and support custom code and code coverage, custom settings, and custom metadata.
- 4+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com developer with proven experience developing custom apps using Apex.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API's
- Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers
- Experience with third-party tools and managed packages (e.g. Data Loader, Heroku, Heap, etc.)
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- Fluency in Apex
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification
- Experience with Einstein Analytics and AI desired
- Fluency in SOQL
- Implementation of and integration with standard and custom objects, triggers, flows, custom metadata, and custom settings internally and externally
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async, etc.
- Experience in end-to-end implementation cycle of Salesforce across all phases, preferably in a complex, dynamic environment
- Ability to coordinate with implementation partners, other IT managers and developers in providing solution suggestions and constructive feedback
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from operational and technical perspective
- Must be creative, innovative and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to abstract detail into larger patterns, familiarity with user-centered analysis and evaluation techniques
- Ability to interact with technical and functional staff at all levels
- Expertise with complex external integrations
- Expertise with Source Control, such as Git
- Expertise with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure is a plus
- Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing