Senior Scientific Software Developer - Seed Platform (211962W-01)
We have an opening in our R&D-DSI organization for a senior software developer in scientific computing to help evaluate and drive new scientific innovations in the Seed Platform at Corteva. We are looking for a highly skilled, scientifically minded software developer with interest in exploring the application of cutting-edge science and analytics enabled through production-quality software tools and pipelines that support
discovery efforts. This position will join a nimble, high performing, multi-disciplinary team empowered to challenge the status-quo and explore new scientific ideas and opportunities in the Seed Platform.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Partner with researchers, data scientists, and other scientific computing developers to assist with the evaluation and graduation of
transformational analytics opportunities including new analytics methodologies, algorithmic-based decision making, and utilization of
new data sources and data types.
• Lead the development of applications that connect science to software and support the evaluation of new analytics opportunities
through the development of custom user-facing applications, back-end software libraries, or discovery analytics pipelines.
• Build, maintain and support a small suite of discovery software tools, with user-bases ranging from a handful to many hundreds.
• Build, maintain and support a small suite of software libraries, for use across both discovery and production systems.
• Guide the software architecture, design and technology for these applications to help bridge the gap between the discovery
science/software team and R&D production software application development and practices.
• Deliver innovative solutions and employ a “fail-fast” philosophy that enables quick pivots.
• Identify and communicate project objectives and timelines to stakeholders.
Job Qualification - Experience and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field of
study. Masters preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience.
• Equivalent amounts relevant education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the above requirements.
Job Qualification - Technical Requirements
• Experience with a C-family programming language (C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Rust, etc.)
• Experience with a modern scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with user-interface technologies and visualizations
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and microservices
• Experience with large and complex data sets preferably scientific in nature
• Experience with high-end data visualization and workflows
• Experience applying software development practices including version control, build automation, testing, and code reviews.
• Experience exploring new technology opportunities applied to scientific applications is preferred
• Ability to read and run programs written in R is preferred but not required
• Experience developing project plans and timelines is preferred but not required.
Apply online at: http://source.corteva.com/tp/rj6.eYbJ_y.K