As a member of the Enterprise Middleware and Online Security Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for a Senior/Lead Scrum Master who is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional software solutions. The role will require a strong work ethic, problem solving skills and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving and supporting software solutions and web applications. This role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability yet has a support structure necessary for development growth. What you are good at
What you have
- Responsible for overseeing all task activities assigned to the Scrum team are performed in a timely manner with minimal technical debt, while maintaining the highest quality of performance. Will interface with client personnel and use oral and written communications skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders.
- Will lead a Scrum team to perform planning, development and testing on a large software development, implementation and integration project.
- Conduct all Scrum related activities, including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospective and client demos.
- Interface with product owners on an active basis to manage product backlog and sprint activities.
- Remove obstacles and manage risks to enable team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported on a daily basis.
- Must have experience managing software development projects, preferable managing or performing software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach.
- PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred.
- Ability to apply scrum estimation techniques to software development efforts, strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills.
Why work for us?
- Scrum Master/Scaled Agile certifications
- 8+ years of experience facilitating the scrum practices (PI Planning, leading ceremonies, empowering teams, identifying coaching opportunities)
- High level of computer literacy; ability to learn new tools and products quickly
- Understanding and experience with broad technical skills across multiple domains (technology, information, process, applications, etc) and platforms (mainframe, web-based, PCF, etc.) and databases (SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Financial, Trading, brokerage services industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
- Must be an excellent team player and a servant leader
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential
- Strong knowledge of Scaled Agile framework
- Ensure all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported on a regular basis
- Must have experience managing software development projects, preferable managing or performing software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
- Ability to apply scrum estimation techniques to software development efforts, strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills
- Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
- Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
- Understanding of QA practices
- Experience with full software development life cycle through deployment
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.