Charles Schwab's purpose is to help everyone be financially fit. Through advocacy and innovation, Schwab has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable for all. For more than three decades, The Charles Schwab Corporation has been an advocate for individual investors and the independent advisors who serve them.
Charles Schwab is seeking a talented Scrum Master who will provide project and technical leadership, direction and support for software development teams. The role of the Scrum Master requires a dynamic individual capable of managing simultaneous medium to complex, cross functional projects, supporting a variety of portfolio management applications as well as of maintaining close working relationships with business partners and technical teams. What you are good at Brief Description of Role:
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment. The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams and strive for improving agile best practices. This position requires technical understanding of software development and technology.
What you have
- Support agile based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices in a clearly document form.
- Participate and support development and software delivery. This may include the following:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organize
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
Why work for us?
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master
- 8+ years Scrum Master experience
- Bachelor's degree and relevant education and experience
- 8+ years of technology experience, and demonstrated a bility to understand technical issues
- 8+ years of experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise
- Previous development or QA experience required, preferably in a leadership role.
- Previous technical experience with the Microsoft technology stack (Java and SQL Server) is required
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams and c ollaborative entity in driving decisions
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.