The Scrum Master is a servant leader. He/she keeps the Scrum team productive and progressing. He/she must have a good understanding of the Scrum framework and the ability to train others to use it. The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting Agile values and principles within the development team and organization. The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This includes, helping to remove impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is well groomed and ready for the next sprint. The Scrum Master acts as buffer between the team and any distracting influences. What you are good at
What you have
- Daily scrum execution for multiple scrum teams
- Facilitate release and sprint planning efforts
- Facilitate collaboration between the product and engineering teams to communicate and develop the product vision and roadmap
- Work with product managers to ensure backlog is groomed and refined into clear, concise items
- Work closely with clients to ensure all interdependencies and deliverables
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Remove impediments and suggest improvements
- Have experience across Agile approaches (in particular Scrum) and behaviors
- Experience of Agile planning and estimating techniques
- Understand both flow- and iteration- based approaches and when they should be used
- Well versed with Agile software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Integration, Automation, Continuous Delivery, TDD, and BDD)
- A strong team player with the ability to lead, motivate and develop others to deliver their diplomacy in negotiations & troubleshooting
- Stay calm under pressure while giving clear direction in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrable experience (playing the Team Facilitator/Scrum Master role within an Agile environment applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, self-organization and ways to increase transparency
- JIRA and Confluence experience
- Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Situationally aware: Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion and encourage alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Emotional Intelligence: need the ability to recognize and address behaviors that are counterproductive to the team dynamic and meeting sprint objectives
- Effective at mediating peer disputes and interpersonal or working style differences
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Interested in learning the technical aspects and challenges the team faces
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, Scrum service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Must be able to work with other teams across the organization that do not have agile practices or operate in more legacy workflows (i.e. waterfall or ticket based/shared services)
- Ability to navigate complex release management environments and effective at planning and coordinating software releases at various intervals
- Ability to effectively break larger, more ambiguous work/stories into smaller more manageable work packages
Why work for us?
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
- Pairing, Automated Testing, and Agile Games
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g., numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- First level Scrum Master certification: Scrum Alliance: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Scrum.org: Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) preferred
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.