Our passion here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. Schwab's Custody, Asset Services, Settlements and Transfer of Assets (CAST) technology organization is recruiting to hire a results-oriented and talented agile leader with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery. CAST is part of the Cash and Stock Solutions Group which provides Move Money, Asset Servicing and other Core Brokerage business capabilities to Schwab's Retail and Institutional businesses. CAST has a bimodal technology stack with a significant portion of its technology assets based on legacy mainframe technology and also a growing modern, distributed set of applications as we transition to the cloud.
CAST is looking for a Senior Scrum Master who will thrive in leading and influencing in a bimodal world. A successful candidate would inspire through collaboration with technology and business partners and a team of highly motivated and talented software engineers in meeting our business and Technology goals. If you are curious, humble, passionate and constantly looking for opportunities to promote continuous improvement, this opportunity is for you. If you enjoy turning ambiguity into coherence and thrive in a fast-paced environment, apply now.
What you'll do
As a highly influential individual contributor you will take ownership of software delivery using Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies for multiple Scrum and/or Kanban teams. As a Servant-leader you will mentor, train and lead process improvements on Agile and Scaled Agile practices and ceremonies to ensure that business and engineering value is being created through predictable, continuous, high-quality releases. As a program leader you will assist CAST leadership manage large scale programs and cross functional project teams through all phases of the Agile Delivery lifecycle and create summary and detailed reports that capture trends and snapshots in a vivid, graphical manner. What you are good at
- Interact, communicate and manage portfolio and program level expectations with Technology, Business and Operations executives and leaders.
- Collaborate with Product leaders on vision and roadmap to understand, plan and facilitate Agile/Scaled Agile release planning sessions.
- Assist Engineering leadership to create innovative information radiators and progress reports at Portfolio and Program levels for Technology, Business and Operations partners.
- Coach and mentor Product Owners and Scrum and Kanban teams within the CAST organization so that they become empowered and self-organized users of Agile SDLC on Mainframe as well as Distributed Agile teams.
- Proactively follow and implement industry trends to help the organization continuously improve.
What you have
- Proactively lead the effort in developing and maintaining CAST standards, tools, and best practices in the Agile framework.
- Work with other Scrum Masters in the overall Technology organization to increase the effectiveness of Agile application.
- Lead multiple Agile teams within CAST to make measurable, continuous improvement in their use of Agile ceremonies and practices.
- Facilitate and ensure optimized adherence and implementation of all Agile ceremonies and practices on a day-to-day basis.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of current experience as a Scrum Master working with cross-functional leaders and team members.
- 10+ years of experience in the technology industry working with remote and onshore/offshore team members on complex, enterprise level products.
- Hands-On experience with implementing Agile (Scrum and Kanban) and Scaled Agile.
- Current "Certified Scrum Master" (CSM) certification is required. PMP in addition to CSM is a plus.
- Hands on expert at the administrator level using Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools in the Atlassian family i.e., JIRA, Confluence etc. is required. Strong knowledge in SharePoint and Clarity in addition to Atlassian is a plus.
- Experience with Agile enterprise tools such as Agile Craft is a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience as an Agile leader in a Mainframe team setting is a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience as an Agile leader on a Platform modernization project i.e., taking mainframe applications to cloud solutions is a significant plus.
- Previous hands-on experience in a financial service setting i.e. broker/dealer services, Investor services, wealth management is a significant plus.
- Proven ability to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to understand and explain technical issues at a high level.
- Exceptional communication, organization, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach cross-functional teams to reach their highest potential.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolutions skills, collaborative approach to driving results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
What you'll get:
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package | Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts | Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program | Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions | Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships | Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.