We are looking for an amzing talented Senior Scrum Master to join the Schwab team. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency.
Ideal candidate enjoys fast-paced environment, thrives under ambiguity and embraces change passionately. They help their teams adopt and improve on the Scrum methodology. Coaching their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process, and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. Have experience with managing PI planning process. Have excellent communication and facilitation skills, well organized, and exhibit excellent follow-up and follow-through skills. Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. In addition to evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles.
Your primary responsibility will be as a team leader focused on the people and interactions necessary to help the team achieve their commitments to delivering value with an Agile mindset. This is an opportunity to establish a Scrum framework for the Flexible commissions' platform. Colorado Compensation
Target Total Compensation - $101,400 - $165,400
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
This a TELECOMMUTE Opportunity What you are good at
What you have
- Promote effective ceremonies; facilitate planning and readiness of inputs needed to generate desired outcomes
- Collaborate effectively with external teams and leadership
- Coordinate planning and implementation of independent releases; rally teams to address post-release issues
- Proactively identifies and removes obstacles
- Shield teams from external (non-value) noise
- Facilitate communication and resolution of inefficiencies
- Raise resource constraints, skill gaps, and recurring HR issues to the delivery owner
- Tracks and promotes awareness of metrics so the team can assess key trends
- Work with Product Owner to share the teams' accomplishments and opportunities
- Coach individual behaviors and team accountability when necessary to maintain a healthy team dynamic
- Assist teams establish their cadence while ensuring the teams' pace is sustainable
- Model the outward mindset and coach the teams to do the same
- Building empowerment by teaching teams to self-organize and adapt to change in addition to supporting leadership goals
- Consistently reinforces the teams' practices and brings exceptions to the teams' attention
- Ensure teams understands the agile principles and how they are linked to the teams' goals
- Use situational awareness to quickly identify and de-escalate conflicts so the teams can resolve them
- Encourage innovation and coaches team members to seize opportunities
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement for the team as well as his/her own craft
- Work with teams to translate roadmap items into sprint goals
- Assist teams in connecting work to organizational and business goals
- 7+ years as a Scrum Master
- Strong knowledge of Kanban with at least 1-2 years experience
- Agile certification is required
- SAFe certification is required
- 7+ years of experience working with teams at low level of agile maturity and growing them into high performing teams
- Extensive experience with PI Planning
- Experience working with distributed (Offshore and remote) teams is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and project coordination skills
- Passion for Agile Methodologies and being able to coach the team
- Experience using Jira, Mural, Confluence, MS Teams
Why work for us?
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
- Pairing, Automated Testing, and Agile Games
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g., numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- First level Scrum Master certification: Scrum Alliance: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Scrum.org: Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) preferred
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.