Qualifications & Responsibilities
If you are interested in joining a team that delivers the world's most effective digital marketing in the world, then we are seeking someone like you that is passionate about delivering high-quality software in innovative ways. The Agile Coaching Office within the Product Engineering group at Epsilon is seeking a Scrum Master who will guide and mentor their teams to achieve greater productivity, quality and innovation by advancing the team's maturity in and Agile Organization using the Scrum Framework.
The ideal Scrum Master we are looking to join our team are servant leaders who keep an Scrum team(s) running and growing, facilitate the Scrum Events, foster collaboration amongst team members, coach technical excellence, and generally support a self-organized team(s). The Scrum Master we are looking for should be aware of, and growing into, the embodiment of agile that one expects from an Scrum Master, namely embracing servant leadership and displaying the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile methods.
* Scrum Master Training
* 2+ years of relevant experience; at least 4 years in a technical software development environment.
* Minimum 2 years' experience using Agile methods, 3 years' experience is preferred.
* CSM or CSP, PSM
* Other Lean methodology credentials - like Lean Start-up, Six Sigma, Kanban, etc. a plus, but not required.
* Track record in helping several Scrum teams mature using the Scrum Framework.
* Large organization experience - Large Scale projects
* Ability to communicate agile concepts and benefits to the team and stakeholders.
* A pragmatic/flexible Agile approach required
* Able to blend Scrum, technical practices to come up with the right approach for our teams
* Writing User Stories and Product Backlog Items and help the Product Owner prioritize the Product Backlog.
* Relative sizing techniques
* Release and iteration planning
* Agile testing best practices
* Velocity and capacity estimating and planning
* Facilitation, teaching and presenting skills
* Quality Assurance in an Agile environment for large-scale projects
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills, coaching and mentorship experience on several engagements / workshops
* Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a variation of agile process in the past
* Excellent communication skills with solid oral, written, and presentation skills, as well as, excellent interpersonal skills are required
* Able to work with up to two teams including startup of a new team and mentoring members of already established teams while looking out toward the wider organization
* Prefer experience with process improvement initiatives
* Knows the difference between Agile and Scrum
* Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development and delivery process is in focus and our goal is to deliver outstanding software.
* Coach to product software that is of the highest technical excellence.
* Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
* Help foster and mature the team(s) definition of Done, Definition of Ready and Team Agreements.
* Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile methods
* Guide and facilitate the teams through the 5 Scrum events, and mentoring to the 5 Scrum Values
* Assist the team to deal with day-to-day conflict management and create a healthy environment of trust
* Work with the Agile Coaching Office to improve processes and procedures
* Provide support for the organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
* Create visual artifacts and information radiators for the team and organization.
* Coach the team(s) to constantly improve and innovate.
* Uphold and be the guardian of the Scrum Framework, ensure the correct use of Scrum Framework.
* Help the team remove impediments
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon(r) is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World's Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area :
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.