Be Bold Be Brilliant
Would you like to be a part of one of America's leading financial services firms? Great-West Financial is the nation's second largest insurer in sales of individual life insurance through banks. We also offer annuity and executive benefits products. Under Empower Retirement, we provide employer sponsored retirement plans as the nation's second largest retirement plan provider.
Our over 5,000 associates across 40 locations across the country provide world class service to:
30,000+ employer sponsored retirement plans
8 million+ employees participating in their employer-sponsored retirement plan
467,700+ individual life insurance and annuity accounts
$460 billion+ total assets under administration
Acting independently under consultative direction, this position is responsible for managing all aspects of diverse / complex projects as well as working in collaboration with IT and Business leadership to create and establish an appropriate prioritization process, identify key metrics, and the development of appropriate reporting for additional transparency. Additionally, this position has the opportunity to work with management to implement Agile Scrum into our environment and serve as Scrum Master, participate heavily in change management as necessary, and the continued effort to optimize velocity and delivery of teams.
* Implements sprint planning principles by supporting teams to develop Sprint plans that align to team velocity and to the release plan.
* Ensure backlog grooming takes place on a regular cadence.
* Facilitate overall Sprint planning session.
* Work with team to identify capacity to ensure they can meet the sprint commitment.
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Establishes project resource assignments and ensures all parties involved in project have a representative present if needed in project meetings. Creates project evaluations and assessments of results.
* Acts as a single point of contact for project stakeholders and resources across relevant internal departments. Maintains accountability for the overall success of the project from original Conceptualization through final implementation.
* Clarifies project goals and deliverables with stakeholders, sets priorities and enforces standards and procedures.
* Key player in implementing the Agile Scrum methodology. This will require working closely with IT and Business management to change the culture, mentor those new to the methodology, and establish all of
* the processes and procedures required.
* Will serve as Scrum Master upon implementation of the methodology, and act as a Scrum evangelist.
* Establish an increased level of transparency through multiple channels including but not limited to reporting and project status and backlog.
* Partner cross-functionally to establish a prioritization process between the Individual Markets Systems organization and the business partners that it supports.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
* 10+ years of hands on experience as a Project Manager, and as a Scrum Master with a deep understanding of multiple SDLC's and Project Management Methodologies.
* Scrum Master Certification.
* PMI-ACP Certification preferred.
* PMI-PMP Certification preferred.
* Strong ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships with senior business unit management, business partners, projects sponsors and customers.
* The ability to effectively communicate bi-directionally with business and development teams at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent written, verbal communication, as well as presentation skills with the ability to utilize various tools such as MS Office tools, MS Project, and others.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Normal Office Working Conditions
About Great-West Financial
At Great-West Financial^- and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you're interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We're an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We're also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.