Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
We are currently seeking a Senior Scrum Master to build and lead high performing agile scrum teams on large highly complex technology projects ranging from basic enhancements to complex enterprise strategic implementations. Serve as leaders, the scrum master partners closely with technology and business stakeholders on project planning, leads the scrum team, champions continuous improvement, and partners with the project owner in the responsive delivery of solutions. The Senior Scrum Master will play a key role in contributing to a strong and effective agile practice and serves as a mentor and coach for project and portfolio teams.
- Champion and manage weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items are estimated, ready-for-work and maintained;
- Guide teams of other Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure alignment of priorities and that dependencies are delivered in the appropriate sprints to support other teams delivery commitments;
- Empower teams to self-organize and facilitate decision making during sprint planning sessions ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles;
- Manage release management, facilitate release planning activities, and risk to resolve issues and impediments;
- Coach, mentor, and confirm team delivering stories such that they meet the definition of done;
- Lead team retrospectives and ensure key learning is incorporated into next sprint;
- Build trust and empowerment and creativity using sound judgement and excellent communications;
- Organize, lead extremely complex projects, define project scopes, schedules, deliverable and provide regular progress reports and metrics;
- Foster an agile culture, building trust and collaboration across all team members;
- Protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and ensuring that the work is delivered as a team;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of product lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices;
- Monitors team project delivery on commitments through the use of burndown charts and other visual methods;
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to understand the business priorities in upcoming sprints and able to impact beyond area of responsibility; and
- Develop and communicate project plans, priorities, and tasks.
- Minimum of six years' experience as a scrum master in an agile software development environment;
- Scrum Master Certification required;
- Ability to identify and resolve risks in a highly complex capacity;
- Highly effective facilitation skills in both small and large group settings, energetic;
- Proven experience in both traditional project management and agile;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, open to change, working in a fluid fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing multi-functional project teams including leading Agile scrum teams on complex, integrated platforms preferred;
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills;
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management required;
- Product Owner and SAFe Certifications are a plus;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Proven experience in communicating with all levels of executives and operate at a strategic business level.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.