Do you thrive on new and exciting digital technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a digital evolution and large-scale transformation? As a Senior Scrum Master in the Lowe's Digital organization, you will be responsible for guiding multiple teams through the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values for the purpose of delivering quality software and solutions back to the organization.
You must be able to build trusted relationships with the team and with their stakeholders (Product Managers, Solutions Managers, etc.) to ensure the needs of all team members are being met.
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of software solutions by maintaining metrics and making them transparent to management, by keeping the team focused on the right priorities and ensuring the team is continuously improving.
Additionally, the Scrum Master is responsible for driving overall standards for the Scrum Master discipline and mentoring Scrum Masters to ensure capabilities and skills are growing. You may lead the Scrum Community of Practice or a subcommittee of the community of practice and will participate in enterprise process improvement efforts to be an advocate for change for IT.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Mentor scrum masters to higher skill sets and performance
- Brings new tools and techniques to scrum community for continuous improvement
- Works with cross-functional managers to allocate the right resources, monitors performance, and assures consistency across all scrum teams
- Ensures the team follows standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to achieve those improvements
- Recommends ways to resolve impediments, and influences leadership to take action on these recommendations.
- Helps identify and remove impediments, escalates and guides project manager through impediments
- Assists in road mapping discussions for the product planning process
- Holds team accountable for delivery commitments and identify when commitments are at risk, and helps team determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of digital solutions.
- You have a proven track record of a "Can-Do" attitude and are results orientated
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
- Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
- Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
- Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
- Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
- Participates and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 7+ years' experience in software development or a related field
- 4+ years' experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 5+ years' experience in database technologies Java, React, Cloud, Node, handlebars, Jira, Eclipse, Casandra, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- 3+ years' experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 3+ years' experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- 5+ years' of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
- 5+ years' experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
- 5+ years' experience working with source code control systems
- 5+ years' experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
- 5+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people.
Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.