Merchants Fleet is the fastest growing fleet management company in the country, with over 50,000 vehicles under management. Our mission is to provide our clients with the most innovative fleet management experience nationally. We partner with our clients to optimize the mobility of their organization, through leasing, fleet services and customized solutions. Through innovative thinking and specialized teams, Merchants elevates the fleet performance of its broad range of clients.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2019, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
Description: The Senior Scrum Master will be working with colleagues around the world to design or implement new software initiatives and capabilities utilizing innovative technology. You will partner with multiple technical resources, program managers, and/or business owners to plan and execute a project strategy.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Responsible for leading & facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
- Schedules/facilitates meetings to provide status/reviews as required, to keep stakeholders adequately informed
- Helps Product Owners to ensure the product backlogs are in excellent order, and make them ready for the next sprint
- Conducts requirements gathering and design sessions to come up with an MVP model.
- Conducts post-mortems, and creates a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful elements
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Directs and monitors work efforts daily, identifies resource needs, performs quality review, and escalates functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Provides support for change release activities
- Sets up Go/No-Go meetings for various aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Create and maintain project dashboards, documentation, dependency-based schedules, status reports, tracking logs, scope documents, contributor to executive communications with use of project management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, SharePoint)
- After hours and on-call work is required at critical times, particularly during deployment lifecycle
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required
- 7+ years of relevant experience working as a Scrum Master for managing operational business systems, custom web, e-Commerce or customer service web (e.g. self-service) applications
- Experience with large ERP projects in .net, multiple technologies, and functions
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Agile project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field from an accredited US college
- Must be able to manage development teams, and have experience with onshore/offshore teams
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Passion - about technology and the solutions we are designing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to speak clear and concise in regular conversation with your team, and the wider stakeholder groups
- Attention to Detail - focused on the finer details that make the difference
- Delivery Focus - pragmatic and driven to get solutions live
- Positive and proactive attitude - generates enthusiasm among team members, encourages collaboration; you are a self-starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team
- Awareness of industry trends such as challenges and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
*Occasional remote work is available for employees who successfully meet the criteria*