Merchants Fleet isthe nation’s fastest growingfleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations. Merchants Fleet offers comprehensive & customizable fleet solutions, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs. Our programs range from long-term leases to monthly rentals, including unique options such as rent-to-lease and own-to-lease. With over 130,000 managed vehicles nationwide, our expert teams have experience working with nearly every industry, from corporate fleets to last mile delivery to franchise systems. We offer the most high-touch service and innovative experience across the industry, with specialized teams andaFleetTechmodel that merges fleet with technology to ensure our clients get the best performance out of their fleets. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Centeris located inthe Chicago, Illinois area.For more information, please visitmerchantsfleet.com.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2020, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
Do you enjoy solving business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry-defining projects that move the needle? At Merchants Fleet, we strive to hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our employees and customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is a large reason we are the nation’s fastest growing fleet management company. Our Senior Scrum Masters use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges Senior Scrum Masters solve at Merchants Fleet are big and impact thousands of customers across the country. Our path forward is not always easy, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a specific kind of person who thrives on taking software development challenges at Merchants Fleet – someone who is excited by the idea of helping create new products, features, and services from scratch while in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working with colleagues around the world to design or implement new software initiatives and capabilities utilizing innovative technology. You will partner with multiple technical resources, program managers, and/or business owners to plan and execute a project strategy.
If you’re ready to ELEV8 your career, come join us on this journey, and help build the future with us!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Responsible for leading & facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
- Schedules/facilitates meetings to provide statreviews as required, to keep stakeholders adequately informed
- Helps Product Owners to ensure the product backlogs are in excellent order, and make them ready for the next sprint
- Conducts requirements gathering and design sessions to come up with an MVP model.
- Conducts post-mortems, and creates a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful elements
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Directs and monitors work efforts daily, identifies resource needs, performs quality review, and escalates functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Provides support for change release activities
- Sets up Go/No-Go meetings for various aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Create and maintain project dashboards, documentation, dependency-based schedules, status reports, tracking logs, scope documents, contributor to executive communications with use of project management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, SharePoint)
- After hours and on-call work is required at critical times, particularly during deployment lifecycle
- Ability to travel up to approximately once a month to visit business partners as needed
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required
- 7+ years of relevant experience working as a Scrum Master for managing operational business systems, custom web, e-Commerce or customer service web (e.g. self-service) applications
- Experience with large ERP projects in .net, multiple technologies, and functions
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Agile project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques
- Must be able to manage development teams, and have experience with onshore/offshore teams
- Solid experience managing Agile teams, Release Planning, and Waterfall SDLC practices
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to speak clear and concise in regular conversation with your team, and the wider stakeholder groups
- Awareness of industry trends such as challenges and best practices
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)