SET SEG is a growing insurance company offering a spectrum of insurance related services including employee benefits insurance consulting, employee benefits administration and compliance services, property/casualty and workers' compensation insurance. SET SEG continues to expand and find innovative ways to meet the specialized needs of our members and have maintained our position as a market leader. We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team and place high value on the integrity, hard work and ingenuity of our employees. We understand that an investment in our team will help employees thrive as creative thinkers in an environment that is challenging and rewarding.
General Position Description:
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Security Administrator to be responsible for desktop, mobile, and network security, troubleshooting network access, and implementing network security policies and procedures at our organization. The Senior Security Administrator works independently within the established procedures to ensure network security access and protect against unauthorized access, modifications, or destruction. Responsibilities include performing risk assessments, audits, staff training sessions, and monitoring network activity.
To be a successful Senior Security Administrator, you should be meticulous and detail-oriented, with excellent technical and information security skills. You should be skilled at drafting security policies and training less technically skilled employees to be security conscious.
• Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
• Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
• Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
• Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
• Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
• Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
• Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
• Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
• Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
• An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field
• 5+ years of IT security work including utilizing security protocols, creation of policies, performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats
• A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to take on new challenges and maintain a positive and reasonable outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively work and present to all levels of the organization
• Advanced training certifications are preferred
• Previous experience developing disaster recovery plans
Physical Demands / Work Environment: Several hours per day at a sit/stand desk, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to move and install computer equipment throughout the building. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.