GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation's top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security is growing and expanding and looking for a Senior Security Architect to help Account Executives drive new business within the Heartland region by providing architectural guidance and product recommendations. The Senior Security Architect will be instrumental in helping the engineering team design offerings for the various prospects and customers throughout the region. This position will be 100% focused on cyber-security solutions and provide the ability to look at and recommend interesting and new technologies within the space. Roles and Responsibilities
- Focus on driving new business by working with the Account Executives within territory.
- Be part of a team that helps provide direction for engineering cyber-security solutions that will be offered to customers.
- Make design and configuration recommendations for prospects/customers' environment.
- A good listener to work with clients to understand issues/gaps in their security programs and works alongside them to provide solutions.
- Excellent soft skills with the ability to articulate complex technical content to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with teams to create new service offerings and supporting collateral.
- Proactively work to help mature the business, including improving existing offerings and creating new offerings.
- Proactively research and engage emerging vendors and technologies to understand how they may be used to solve our clients challenges.
- Author comprehensive business and technical collateral to support the business that is proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences
- Learn, understand and position GuidePoint's Information Assurance Service Offerings.
- Senior Security Architects work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
- Position may require 10% travel within the GuidePoint Heartland region (NE, CO, KS, MO, NM, OK, AR, TX, LA)
- Expectations for this role is 85% Pre Sales/Sales and 15% delivery
Educational & Professional Credentials
- Minimum 5 years in an enterprise level security consultative, vendor, or operational role building and assessing Information Security architectures and programs
- Prior experience in a Client facing Presales or consultative role
- Deep proficiency in multiple security technologies, including but not limited to: Network Security and Architecture, NGFW, Cloud Security, Data Security, Vulnerability & Risk Management, EDR, IAM, SIEM & Analytics
- Expertise architecting and designing enterprise scale security solutions
- Proficiency in various client and server operating systems (Windows, Linux, OSX, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Working technical knowledge of advanced security concepts (Defense in Depth, Zero trust etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous pre-sales experience is strongly preferred
- Industry Certifications from ISC2, SANS GIAC, etc...
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 600 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company's success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks....
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment