CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Responsibilities Job Summary / Purpose
Designs and develops architectures to resolve complex technical and business requirements related to network and endpoint security. Designs, develops architectures to successfully integrate new information security capabilities with the existing architectures. Acts as the lead and a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more Chief Technology & Product Office (CTPO) Security COEs.
This position works closely with Information Technology and Applications teams to ensure the efficient flow of information and data. Ensuring that plans are followed and issues resolved in a manner that results in a successful implementation.
Functions in a consultative role using advanced problem-solving and analytical skills to implement, upgrade and support complex application systems.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Experience developing strategy, high-level designs and leading POC/pilots for emerging technology.
- Experience developing and managing strategic partner and relationships for the purpose of creating strategy based on product future state.
- Lead Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying, and leading, opportunities for process improvement
- Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties.
- Responsible for ensuring the COE team received the required level of education to perform their function. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring for Engineers in the IT Security organization
- Pursue continuing education by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations to maintain advanced knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, threats, and trends in Information Technology and Information Security.
- Translate knowledge and education into Strategic action items, Policies, Procedures, Standards and guidance as part of the CTPO Cybersecurity team.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to team members and all levels of leadership and individual contributors.
- Be a Security advocate for Information Technology & Digital (ITD) team's adherence to CommonSpirit Health Policies/Standards and industry best practices
- Designs and develops solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues in COE functions.
- Works with ITD staff, business partners and leadership to help them understand potential Cybersecurity capabilities, enhancements and process improvements.
- Research general and healthcare-specific security trends and assess the applicability and capability of security solutions.
- Ensure Security Architecture deliverables reflect and support CommonSpirit business, technical, operational, and compliance objectives
- Develop and Maintain Reference Architecture documentation for ITD teams.
- Supports standardization of documentation and the integration of standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with ITD teams to define the high-level Security roadmap and architectures.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.Compensation Range:
$46.96 to $61.05 hourly rates, annualized.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
- 10 years IT experience with 5+ Years security architecture in a 50,000+ user enterprise setting required.
- Two or more relevant technical/professional security certifications such as SANS GIAC, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM, or COMP-TIA Network+ Security+.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity systems and applications in Health Care.
- Required demonstrated knowledge of information technology security, trends, leading practices.
- Experience with Open Security Architecture (OSA) and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley preferred.
- Experience with standards and best practices such as ISO 27000, HITRUST, Common Criteria, and FIPS is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare environments preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.