At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Security Automation Engineer with experience in ServiceNow development to join our Security Automation team! As a member of the team, you will play a pivotal role in building, maintaining a continuous, and balanced security automation pipeline. Our goal is to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of detection, response capabilities and reducing manual tasks for the Cybersecurity teams. This role requires a mix of coding skills, a solid understanding of the ServiceNow platform, experience in web application development, and security domain expertise!Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze the technical development requirements and develop integrations between the ServiceNow modules and 3rd-party tools and APIs used by the Cybersecurity teams.
- Configure ServiceNow workflows and implement standard processes in coding and design as per the ServiceNow standards.
- Collaborate with NM's ServiceNow Platform SRE team to ensure quality and stability of integrations.
- Provide checkouts during ServiceNow module and platform upgrades.
- Find opportunities to automate workflows/processes related to security events through ServiceNow or SOAR playbooks
- Manage the ongoing improvement to the organization's case management system to decrease response times, increase effectiveness and streamline security operations
- Assist with the design, engineering, deployment, and maintenance of custom automation tools (primarily in Python, and PowerShell)
- Develop dashboards and metrics within the organization's case management system.
- Maintain and improve the team's products, infrastructure, and technology stack.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the automation of workflows related to detection/response procedures for security events.
- Proven experience with (Python or Java)
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including the creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Service Catalog
- Strong knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform as a product, modules, data model, tables and capabilities
- Experience administering a ServiceNow instance including the delegation of groups, change management, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs/roles/groups, and service catalog items
- Relational database expertise in relation to an enterprise software system (Postgres, MS SQL)
- Familiar with REST API best practices and usage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with the ServiceNow Security Incident Response (SIR) module.
- Experience with security automation and orchestration tools and/or software development technologies
- Practical experience with automation techniques using PowerShell, Bash, API calls, and regular expressions
- Additional coding experience in one or more programming languages - Java, C++, Go
- Experience with cloud services, DevOps, CI/CD environments
- Experience working in Security Operations, Incident Response, or Penetration Testing
- Active ServiceNow - Certified Application Developer certification
- Active ServiceNow - Certified System Administrator certification
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.