Please respond with a convenient time and contact number or give me a call onto discuss about this opportunity
Senior Security Consultant (IAM)
Location: Remote for now (Client is in Diversey Ave, Chicago, IL 60647)
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Remote until they are back in the office/wouldn’t be until next year sometime.
Our client is looking to add a Senior Security Engineer that will assist with defining and drive an Identity and Access Management and Governance (IAM) strategy for customer and employee identities in the cloud and on prem. This role is responsible for solutions, standards and technologies across business lines and IT.
- Define technical roadmaps for the IAM portfolio in cooperation with architects, security and compliance
- Define business and technical requirements for IAM tools that handle on-prem and cloud environments
- Translate cybersecurity risk, regulatory and compliance requirements into a coordinated IAM controls framework that can be efficiently adopted by business and technology teams
- Improve IAM services spanning identity governance, authentication, single sign-on, administration, access management, certification and privileged access
- Create optimized IAM program to meet business needs
- Act as an IAM thought leader, consistently researching new ways to improve IAM operations
- Work directly with stakeholders in a multi-disciplined team structure, designing and deploying IAM strategy and solutions across a variety of vendor platforms
- Troubleshoot and resolve IAM infrastructure issues related to Privileged Access Management, Internal Identity Access Management, and Customer IAM
- 8+ years of experience in cybersecurity and/or Identity and Access Management governance
- Proven record of delivering IAM programs and initiatives from design through delivery and optimization in organizations of similar size and complexity
- Expert understanding of Identity technologies, Active Directory, LDAP, SSO, RBAC, PAM, SAML, OpendID, and OAuth Evaluate
- Advanced working knowledge of IAM Standards and common best practices including Authentication, Authorization, and IAM Governance and Administration
- Analytical thinker, collaborative team player, and an effective, dynamic communicator, able to bridge the gap between business demands and cybersecurity requirements
- Ability to drive clarity and reduce ambiguity related to IAM
- Technical familiarity with core infrastructure architectures and tools, including Server/OS, Storage, Middleware, Database, Network/Telecom (switches, load balancers, routers and firewalls) and Application topologies
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely and verbalize ideas effectively.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong customer-focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior user experience and build long-term relationships.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Researching and developing business aligned technical solutions across people, process, and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft O365 tools including Excel, Work, Outlook
Preferred Skills & Education:
- Familiarity with ServiceNow workflow and Identity Management capabilities
- Public consulting experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in security and compliance requirements, standards and practices
- Experience with Microsoft O365 security products such as InTune, Azure AD, Conditional Access
- Audit or IT Compliance experience
- Familiarity with common attack vectors and OWASP Top 10 risks