Skyline maintains an Information Security (InfoSec) group which provides engineering and operational support, monitoring and troubleshooting for a diverse array of customers. This is an advanced technical position working within Skyline to architect, implement, and monitor security measures and threat mitigations within client’s and internal networks.
Expectation is that the ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team in either a leadership or supporting role, and may be required to deliver independently. They should be able to inspire customer confidence and be able to present the full stack solution portfolio that Skyline provides. Additionally, the candidate must be able to develop a strong understanding of customer business needs and a desire to translate those into deliverable technical solutions that meet those requirements. The candidate should consistently perform work with disciplined execution while displaying urgency.
He or she must be willing and able to support a 24x7x365 environment, which may include weekends, holidays, and on-call support. This full-time position reports to the InfoSec Team Lead.
- Provide consulting services to a wide range of customers including State and local government, as well as commercial customers
- Design full stack solutions and complete greenfield and brownfield deployments of technology solutions
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- This position may require you to work nights, holidays and weekends as well as be on-call
Education and Experience Requirements
Education & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master degree preferred.
- Eight total years of experience in a Network or Security Engineering position
- Five or more years of experience with the following technologies:
- Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security
- Palo Alto Panorama and Firewalls
- Juniper SRX firewalls and EX Series switches
- Experience with the following additional product lines is preferred:
- Cisco ASA, ASR, and Catalyst product lines
- Citrix NetScaler Web Application Firewalls
- HP/Aruba ClearPass
- Experience using analysis tools, including:
- Nessus Professional, Tenable SecurityCenter, and/or Tenable I/O
- Nipper Studio
- Scrutinizer or other comparable Netflow/IPFIX analysis tools
- Experience working within ITIL framework is a plus
The following certifications are preferred:
- Splunk Certified Architect/Consultant
- Juniper JNCIP/JNCIE
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- HP Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional
- Other discipline relevant technology certifications