VariQ has an exciting opportunity for 2 highly qualified Senior Security Engineers
to support our client in Washington, DC
1 opening will focus on security baseline experience with the ability to import data into Tenable and the other will provide expertise in Imperva SecureSphere.
Designs, develops and recommends integrated security system solutions for databases that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected. Provides technical database engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions. Interfaces with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs. Configures and validates secure complex systems; tests security products and systems to detect security weakness. May provide work leadership to lower-level employees. Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience; eight or more years of related experience.Additional Information:
- Salary: dependent upon experience, competitive salary
- Security Clearance: will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Available: within 2 weeks
- Work under limited supervision and participates in the design, engineering, integration, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance, review, and administration of the infrastructure, hardware, and software that are required to effectively manage the security and risk posture of the network and resources.
- Assist with developing system concepts and apply the systems engineering life cycle to translate strategic Cyber objectives, technology, and environmental conditions into engineering outcomes and solutions.
- Assist with selecting and applying processes and methodologies to meet Cyber performance objectives.
- Assist with analyzing trends and emerging technologies for potential program modernization.
- Configure cyber systems to meet user requirements. Support the acquisition of hardware and software, as needed.
- BA or BS degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Technology
- Active SANS GIAC Security certification
- 4+ years of experience with database security including secure database configuration, database monitoring, and database vulnerability assessments with a focus on Imperva SecureSphere
- 3+ years of experience with information security and Cybersecurity engineering or security operations
- 2+ years of experience with the design and implementation of enterprise-wide security controls to secure systems, applications, networks, or infrastructure services
- Experience with security tools and devices, including network firewalls, Web proxy, intrusion prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, or penetration tools
- Knowledge of federal compliance standards, including NIST 800-53, FIPS, or FedRAMP
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and DNS, including using packet analysis tools, such as Wireshark or tcpdump
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following areas: building and administering security devices, including network firewall, Web proxy, data loss prevention systems, and intrusion prevention systems, building and administering Windows Server and Active Directory, building and administering Linux- and UNIX-based systems, building and administering Network devices, including Cisco or Juniper, conducting dynamic Web application security testing, including manual testing and using application security tools to discover exploitable vulnerabilities, conducting database security assessment and monitoring, managing Cloud security operations, including identity and access control, secure configuration management, network security, enforcement policy scripting, workload security, or data security, and logging and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) management and data encryption for data-at-rest and data-in transit
- Experience with securing enterprise Web applications and OWASP Top 10
- Experience with public Cloud services providers, including Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.