We have an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Information Security Team for a dynamic enterprise services organization. This is a wonderful opportunity to work on progressive technical challenges and support an organization with a positive mission.
The Senior Systems Engineer must take owner ship of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion.
The candidate shall have the knowledge, qualifications, and experience relating to the following responsibilities:
Candidate Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Engineer shall perform the following responsibilities as outlined below:
- Research, advocate and implement new technologies, architectures and identity and access management security projects that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Prepares detailed technical specifications from which program will be written.
- Monitors for performance of production systems; Develops and recommends plans for performance improvement and collaborates implementation with infrastructure teams
- Provides escalated support for complex technical issues and mentor staff
- Manages technical specifications with product vendor(s)
- Manages relationship with product vendor and escalates issues with vendor management, as needed
- Work with team to develop repeatable testing plans and ensure documentation of testing activities.
- Prepare presentations of both technical and non-technical scope.
- Proficiency in System Internals (Windows and Unix)
- Attends Change Management meetings as the SIOC’s technical communications expert
- 5+ years working as a senior engineer for Windows and Linux platforms
- Computer language proficiency: PowerShell, Python or Perl.
- Strong understanding of Bash and the Linux command shell
- MCSE, RHCE or LPI certifications strongly recommended