This is an opportunity to work at a world famous, federally funded research & development organization with a great culture.
They are seeking an experienced Sensor Systems Analyst to support several programs involving airborne early warning radars, HF Over-the-Horizon radars, ground-based instrumentation quality radar systems, as well as other ground and airborne sensor systems.
You will be working as a W2 employee of Minuteman Group, one of the oldest recruiting and staffing companies in New England.
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Support airborne early warning radars,ground-based instrumentation quality radar systems, as well as other ground and airborne sensor systems.
- The successful candidate will have a broad background with relevant radar system analysis and signal processing experience, but should have deep expertise in one of those relevant areas.
- Work with both large and small teams and be capable of working within those teams as well as taking initiative independently.
- Relevant experience performing either radar systems analysis or radar data analysis.
- Experience in several of the following fields: radar systems engineering, radar data analysis, signal processing, statistical data analysis.
- Explore new and innovative techniques and algorithms and be able to understand how these new developments can affect an existing radar systems capabilities.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Experience with statistical signal processing of radar phased array data, including adaptive beamforming, channel equalization, and radar waveform design.
- Experience with radar systems analysis.
- Familiarity with phenomenology effects at different frequencies, including HF.
- Matlab and C or C++ programming experience, along with Linux experience.
- Ability to participate in field experiments and data collection efforts, which could involve travel.
Education: PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience.
Work Authorization: US Citizenship is required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."