Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
We are seeking a Sr Server & Storage Engineer to provide enterprise IT server and storage operations support within the PIH Health System in Whittier, CA. The primary purpose of the Sr Server & Storage Engineer role is to design, install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of assigned technology required to operate client's infrastructure environment. Responsibilities
These are consistent for all our staff:
- Possess senior level expertise in the server and storage environment
- Design, manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain
- Direct others to install, configure and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology
- Provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches and anti-virus updates
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues
- Conduct performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning
- Provide 3rd level operational support for issues escalated from Service Desk
- Develop and maintain documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers' business objectives
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders
- Adherence to the defined standards
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Business preferred
- IT Certifications preferred
- 5-7 years experience with server and storage architectural design, build, implement, monitor and support across an enterprise system
- Experience with server, storage, active directory, VMWare, Citrix and PowerShell preferred
- Experience with daily operational tasks and project based work preferred
- Experience in a rapidly-changing, mission-critical, highly-regulated medium-sized enterprise
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- A dedication and focus on customer-service.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team equally well.
- Thrives in a culture of accountability.
- Owns issues to resolution
- Excellent problem resolution approaches and critical thinking skills
- Deftly balances time between projects and operations.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned
- Works well with an offshore teams
- Health IT experience highly preferred
- Excellent client facing skills, self-directed and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly critical environment
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans