ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to develop server side systems in a new engine for the studio's next AAA project.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Architect and implement new server systems
- Refine backend game systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base level functionality for feature development
- Code to defined performance and memory requirements
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with network game client/server architecture
- Experience with Linux development
- Strong communication skills
- Solid architecture skills and attention to detail
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Strong debugging skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MMO development experience a plus
- Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
- Experience with cloud development and Kubernetes
- Experience with core debugging using GDB
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.