Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Information Technology Service Coordinator position provides the administrative support functions for the Information Technology Department. The Service Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Information Technology Desktop Support team and various hospital staff to assist with the overall management of desktop computing devices at assigned entity.
• Monitors and tracks Information Technology Desktop Support service request tickets. Assists in coordinating the team's assignments via a variety of tools.
• Enters tickets directly into the Athena system. Updates and monitors tickets as needed.
• Researches missing information and updates ticket as needed.
• Reviews incoming tickets for appropriate routing based on team and/or technician visit.
• Schedules technician site visits according to established procedure or management direction.
• Answers customer questions as it relates to ticket status and scheduling.
• Follows-up with customers to ascertain satisfaction with services.
• Collects data and prepares reports on call volumes and other key metrics as assigned (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly, or ad hoc).
• Updates tickets and assignments according to established procedures.
• Supports the creation and administration of check requests and RTP's (Request to Purchase) for equipment, software, and services supporting Information Technology.
• Checks in new equipment against invoices/packing sheets and receives it in the Lawson system.
• Provides coverage for other queues as assigned.
• Performs administrative tasks as assigned.
• Participates in projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma/GED Required
1+ Years Experience in a related field. Experience utilizing help desk/workflow tools, queue and workflow management, Lawson, utilizing scheduling products and/or Microsoft Outlook calendars, utilizing Microsoft Office platforms preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.