TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Inside the Service Reliability Engineering team at TransUnion, you'll be focused on improving the customer experience of Transunion's products by improving their availability, reliability and sustainability alongside our development teams. Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products, and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
We'd love to see:
- At least 5 years in a Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or infrastructure focused role
- Passion for designing and building reliable systems
- Advanced experience with programming languages (GoLang, Python, Java, C++)
- Automation advocate - you truly believe in removing operation load with software
- Experience with deploying, supporting, and monitoring new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience supporting customer-facing applications on a Linux platform.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTPS).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines that support a SaaS product.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to share your knowledge, teach what you know, and learn new ways of doing things from your team.
- A desire to collaborate by default with your team.
Impact You'll Make:
- Demonstrated experience building or maintaining highly available systems at scale.
- Experience with capacity planning practices or methodologies.
- Experience in networking (things like load balancing, BGP, etc.).
- Experience with practical InfoSec (like threat modeling and host hardening).
- Experience using Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms in a production setting.
- Providing operational support for TransUnion products to meet SLOs and SLAs.
- Working closely with development teams to implement and improve SLIs and SLOs for their services.
- Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, infrastructure improvements and software changes to address top operational issues.
- Exerting technical influence to shape the implementation of TransUnion's products and establishing strong operational readiness across teams.
- Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Diagnosing complex problems, developing metrics to measure them, and implementing monitoring solutions to manage them.
- Building automation and systems to maintain software and hardware lifecycle management.
- Using your programming experience to reduce toil.
- Participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation (rotation is one week on call approximately every 9 weeks).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Lead Engineer, Production Engineering